Sunday, July 17, 2011

A Harry Potter Tribute: Part Deux

As some of you may have seen by my FB post, I had a less-than-desirable experience at the movie theatre for Harry Potter. We got to the theatre early which was funny because there wasn't a line. We went on Friday night and it opened at midnight Thursday, I had to see it opening weekend! I rarely am excited to see movies in the theatre but come on, it was the final Harry Potter!!

As we were waiting, we noticed that a bus full of kids drove up in front of theatre. We decided to move into line which worked out because there ended up being 2 full buses of kids, and they were from a 'special school.' Good grief. I remember getting hyper with my friends but I still understood PERSONAL SPACE. Even one of the chaperones (who were maybe a couple years older than the students themselves), told one of the girls who was repeatedly hitting me to appologize. Yeah, that lasted for about a minute before it started up again.

Anyways, we finally got into the theatre and found decent seats, and to our luck, the exact girl who was obnoxious before (and mind you, just one of at least three who could not see to BACK OFF), sat right in front of us. We moved seats which was fine for a short while. Three people sat behind us and reeked of alcohol. They were discussing how many shots they had each had (at the bar in the theatre, no joke), and good grief, they were talking with the "drunken whisper" that wasn't anywhere on the quiet scale. One girl was particularly horrible and was acting as commentator for all the trailers. Every time she laughed,  a waft of alcohol infused air covered us, ugh!!

The guy in the row of us, two seats to the right decided that the last half hour of the movie would be the best time to continuously text. Seriously!? It's the final installment in the entire series and you're texting??

The movie itself: I loved it!! I kept thinking how depressing it was compared to the lightheartedness found in earlier movies and yet, that's exactly how the last book was. I loved the movie, I have read all of the books and of course it's never going to be exactly how everyone envisions. I'm glad that they did the flashback at the end and yet, they couldn't put more age-adding makeup on the actors?

What are your thoughts on the movie?

3 comments:

  1. I liked the movie, but I didn't LOVE it... and that really disappointed me! I think my ambivalence is mostly due to the end. I thought the flash-forward was cheesy in the book, and in the movie, doubly so. I want to see it again so I can digest it more, though... I might like it better the second time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, I had a bad experience with the movie premiere too! We all dressed up (i definitely included pictures in my blog) and well, wasn't too impressed with the ended (agreed, whatitiz, the end was just kind of blah).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenni-I totally agree, the end was VERY cheesy in the book and definitely worse in the movie. I definitely want to see it again, but I may have to wait as finances are very tight right now.

    Sar- I'm sorry you had a bad experience too! I can't wait to read your blog!!

    ReplyDelete