Saturday, January 18, 2014

January Is Here!!!

Do you ever have an idea for a blog post but you haven't posted in so long that it's intimidating?



Well, life has been happening, moving forward with full speed. As I'm sure most people will agree, once Halloween occurs, the next few months are a blur. While I love my job I am also very glad to know that long weekends are ahead as I usually work 6 days a week and my evenings, once home, are pretty packed.


The last week or so, I keep thinking, wow, "today I'm grateful for X," and I realized I should write them down. I like this blog so I can vent if I need to or be able to review the great things that have happened.

Sunday: I'm grateful that I can usually plan something with friends. This past Sunday I was able to get lunch with a friend I haven't seen since last summer. That's way too long! We live pretty far from each other and it's hard to get together when you work 6 days a week. Whenever I can, I try to *not* set an alarm.

Monday: I love working out and I'm grateful to see my trainer Monday mornings, bright and early. I love seeing my kiddos, my flute students, on Mondays. This week was more challenging than usual (key signatures people, oh, and let's count those rhythms too...), but I LOVE seeing them and if kids don't keep you in check with your own behavior or practice habits, then I don't know what will. ;)

Tuesday: I have quintet rehearsals Tuesday mornings and there is nothing better than beginning your day creating music, especially when it includes good people who are also talented musicians.

Wednesday: More personalized training and I have a later shift at work so when I drive home the drive isn't *as* horrible. It's nice to get home before 9pm too.

Thursday: Tap class!!! I absolutely love this class and I'm so grateful I get to take it. I've been wanting to take a dance class for years but didn't have the money or resources. Now, I'm taking tap and it's perfect for me. While I love Zumba too (dance like no one is watching!), I love learning and building skills.

Friday: I've almost made it to the weekend! I get home most Fridays before 7:30pm (wahoo!) and I usually talk to my parents so it's nice catching up.

Saturday: I survived another week and it's finally my "Friday." I try and get as much done around the condo as we can as I like having things done before the 'weekend' actually starts. 

So, there it is! What do YOU look forward to each day? The consistant things for me that I wouldn't list each time are Aaron (but of course!), cuddling with Sicily, and practicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment