I do not go to Subway often but when I do, I am often reminded why I try to not make it a frequent spot.
The employees are now wearing bright orange t-shirts to promote their $5 foot-long sandwiches. My first thought: why orange? Where does that color come into Subway's color scheme? I digress. The Subway store on State Street is freakishly small, very narrow in design (imitating many other State Street stores), and there is barely any room to stand in line, no matter how many people beat you there. There are traditional Subway signs that are on the wall, right where you stand, ensuring that if you lean against the wall, one of them will clang/ bang causing fear that it will topple on you or the child shying away from its mother.
I was lucky enough to be behind a woman with coupons and a family. She did understand what a 'normal' sized sandwich was and, in a way, I understood her confusion. Their signs in this store are not clear as to which size is regular, is it the 6 inch or the foot-long? And yet, when you think about it, it's Subway and none of it is really that complicated. Yet, none of the people behind the counter representing them could clearly explain it either. Good grief.
What did normal turn out to be? :)
ReplyDeletehaha, I'm not sure I really found out! Though I think that it was the 6 inch
ReplyDelete