Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Campus Life

Sitting in my office (I work at a college campus), I hear the 'darndest things.' Frequently, I wonder if students remember that I am here, in my office below the theatre, and can hear everything they say. Sometimes I'm even nice and ask them :) Most of the time, they don't seem to care and I'm left more embarassed by what they did this weekend than the 50+ people walking by.

In my many years working with students and in offices, here is what I have determined:

LUNCHTIME: After sitting at your desk for a minimum of 6 hours, you finally pull yourself away from your desk to eat/ see sunshine/ go outside. No calls received during this period of time. While at lunch, you come back only to find 6 missed calls and 5 voice mails. I wish I could be hired as the person who calls the world, telling people that you're away from your desk and people can now call. This is also when higher-ups will call you. Then, do they wonder, why is this girl *never* at her desk??

BREAK: Eating at your desk with students still stopping by, some not giving you a minute to swallow before asking their question(s).

BCC: Something not everyone is familiar with, helpful when sending emails to an entire campus or distribution list with more than 3 people. #researchtechnologypeople

ACTORS: A constant source of entertainment. Energetic. Important to know when they are acting a scene or just conversing.

A few pictures from life since you've listened to me ramble:

Starbucks is selling these really cute teddy bears!

I LOVE iced tea, you can't have too much :)

Love my Sicily 

No comments:

Post a Comment