
So, we all know that on Facebook (I think more so than Twitter) there is the ever present battle of wits regarding spelling. I admit I've blocked friends I've known for a long time so I do not have to read their illiterate posts. I'm forgiving when it comes to spelling errors but when someone writes like this:
...well..... it gets old, quick.
I know mistakes happen, and you can generally tell when someone is writing bad on purpose. But wow, sometimes it is impressive. I am a flute teacher and tutor (all subjects) and I there is a learning curve. It's sad to me that people just do not care and they may not realize how it can impede earning potential jobs.

I admit, I would like to do this to the posts and signs I see around town:
That being said, I received an email from a 'recruiter' type person. Within his email, I noticed that this person wrote "loosing finer skills" instead of "losing." Maybe, this person emailed me a unique email, however, I doubt it. When I replied I asked my questions and ended my email with "Also, not to be rude, but your email says 'loosing .......' but it should be losing." In his reply back to me, he answered some of my questions but also commented that first impressions are important. I don't want to put the entire email here but long story short, there was no reason to comment on first impressions, was this aimed at me? Was my reply rude? I tried to make sure it wasn't, and figuring that his message would be sent to other people in the future. I highly doubt that the description of his 'life story' would be retyped anew for each person he contacts...... Either way, I hope I did not offend him but it does say something to me about the first impression of him I received.

No comments:
Post a Comment