Bubbles & Beans is the name of one of the laundromats in town. Aaron and I have been there a couple times but it is ridiculously over-priced. We go to another place that always has people and I was thinking that the when people are looking for a good laundromat, you should drive by them numerous days a week and see which ones are busy most often. A good sign indeed!
There was a family at the laundromat and the three kids did a good job of entertaining themselves. The little boy could not have been more than 9 years old and he and his mom came up to me and asked what a word on his worksheet meant. The mom had a heavy Spanish accent and I give them kudos for asking. I think that most people in that situation would be too proud to ask for help. The word was "scrub" and I agree that it is a pretty weird word. A little while later the boy came back, this time by himself and said "excuse, me but I don't mean to interrupt you, but do you know what this word means?" It was the word "pasture" which I could definitely understand not knowing. Some words out of context just don't make sense and other words, when you don't hear them used, I can totally understand not knowing the words.
At the end of the night, he was over by us as we left he said goodbye and thank you. So sweet!!
Aw, I love that they came up to ask you for help! You're so sweet!
ReplyDelete