Friday, April 12, 2013

Funny College Course Offerings

Can someone please explain to me how a college can offer ASL... online? And apparently jiu-jitsu? Freaking awesome!  (Video-based classes I'm assuming but funny nonetheless.)

This week was fill with..... those awkward moments when:

  1. You see the spider, after you sit down to pee.
  2. Showering, then using mouthwash,  then spitting it out only to have your hair come down resulting in spit all over and having to shower again :)
  3. Showering and realizing in your domesticity you washed the towels and forgot to replace them, thus creating the fun Olympic event of the mad-dash to the linen closet. haha

On a completely different note, it breaks my heart sometimes, ok, a lot of times, when my tutoring students can't seem to get themselves together. It's hard for me to not want to walk them through each step of their homework but I have to realize that at the end of the day, they have to want to learn, they have to want to improve their educational situation. I can only do so much. I do my best to help teach them study skills, teach them how to plan out their evenings to get homework done. I have to remind myself that while I've always been self-motivated, I have to try and help them schedule their time.

I'm so excited, A. and I get to see Green Day in less than a week!


No comments:

Post a Comment