Monday, April 1, 2013

Happiness

Happiness is not determined by what we have and own , but also by our knowledge, our living skills and our imagination: by being, not having. Compassion and co-operation are as important to achieving happiness as competition. And developing our minds could be the key to all of these changes.

 


I'm no stranger to lack of sleep. I have not slept well in... years. I'm lucky if I get 2-3 hours of decent sleep a night. I have a hard time falling asleep and an even harder time staying asleep. When I do sleep, I have dreams/ nightmares most nights and have completely forgotten what it feels like to feel well-rested. 

That being said, we started came back from spring break at the college this morning. I could NOT fall asleep last night. After tossing and turning for a few hours, I finally fell asleep around 2am only to wake up around 5am. Don't worry, I stopped at Starbucks *love* and got my iced tea. I'm determined to think of this week in a positive light despite my horrible commute and lack of sleep.




"Acceptance is often confused with fatalism, when actually, it is totally different. Acceptance is an appreciative look at what life still has to offer to us. In complete acceptance lies the trigger to greater growth. This is true in serious issues as well as existential day-to-day ones. While most of us crib about our bad luck whenever something goes wrong, some enterprising souls choose to look at the brighter side. Essentially, as long as we fight with life, it seems to be an enemy to be conquered. The moment we befriend it, and go with it on its ups and downs, life becomes much easier, and we become much happier."

No comments:

Post a Comment